by Lt Col (ret), US Army, Darin Gaub
In August 2021, America entered the history books as another nation buried in Afghanistan’s Graveyard of Empires. Immediately after that tragic event, the Restore Liberty team came together to lay out what we thought the future would hold for our country and the world. We predicted the following general sequence of events so we could focus our global intelligence-gathering efforts.
1. War would start between Ukraine and Russia.
2. The Middle East peace process would break down, and Iran would be the region’s primary instigator of instability and conflict, backed by Russia and China.
3. China would seek an advantage because of these conflicts. North Korea would be a wild card.
4. America’s open borders would grow to a full-blown Immigration Invasion and would accelerate to become the greatest risk to our national sovereignty.
These are the bonfires of war, and they are raging. Spot fires can also pop up anywhere and spread the inferno. The Balkans, the Baltics, and Nagorno-Karabakh are a few examples.
The war in Israel is only the latest to break out. Joe Biden flew to Israel only to be snubbed by Middle Eastern leaders after big media and establishment politicians magnified the false narrative that Israel blew up a hospital, killing hundreds. The fact that it was an errant Hamas missile that struck a parking lot did not matter; the damage was done, and America’s reputation sank even further. Joe Biden then called Hamas “the other team” and joked with reporters about how Hamas needs to “learn how to shoot straight.” At the same time, an incompetent White House communications team showed a picture of America’s Special Operations members without their faces and other markings blurred. This put them and their families at significant risk. We are failing at the important things and the small ones.
To make matters worse, Joe Biden arrived in Israel to show solidarity with Israel despite having worked against Israel since the beginning of his administration in 2021. He stopped the sanctions on Iran, allowing them to fill their bank accounts with tens of billions of dollars. This allowed them to fund their mercenary armies. Hamas and Hezbollah are mercenary armies working for Tehran, just like the Wagner Group works for Moscow. Biden continues to emphasize the “two-state solution,” which is an insult to the Israelis. The truism of insanity, defined as repeating the same things expecting differing results, comes to mind.
The six billion dollars we offered to unlock for Iran in exchange for hostages on the anniversary of 9/11 was another powerful signal. It does not matter whether the money made it to Tehran; we signaled our willingness to appease Iran and bribe them under the false assumption that it would only be used for humanitarian purposes. If Iran cared, they would let that six billion dollars get used to fund all humanitarian needs in Gaza and help resettle the people. Hint: no deal or treaty signed by Iran matters; they use treaties to placate their enemies while they continue to pursue their own goals.
Israel also cannot let the United Nations be a part of the Gaza solution when the UN spent years helping create the problem. Therefore, Israel needs to occupy Gaza permanently and create an environment where peace can thrive.
Each of these wars is significant on its own. Collectively, they are potentially catastrophic.[i]
1. Our primary front, where we are under the greatest threat, is our own border, where millions of people have flooded America. Some are known and suspected terrorists. These so-called “migrants” are well-funded, organized, and moved through United Nations camps in the Darien Gap in Panama. Pages of journals accounting for the movement of people through Panama are filled with the names of single males from China who all say they intend to go to Mexico as “tourists.” They are destined for America, where they do not simply seek the American dream.
As a result, the United States should expect that there are numerous terror cells located throughout the country, ready to act.
Citizens of the United States must be vigilant to threats against our people and our critical infrastructure. Community self-defense groups are more necessary now than ever in our history. One lesson of the war in Israel is that a well-armed citizenry is necessary to preserve life and liberty.
2. America and Europe fund and arm Ukraine, hoping to stave off a Russian victory.
3. America increases its funding to Israel while moving significant assets into the region. Multiple locations in Syria and Iraq host our forces, even though they still lack clarity of purpose and Constitutional authority to operate and must each be defended from constant attacks.
4. China considers itself at war with the United States and has for decades; we need to recognize this fact. China is willing to watch America expend its military capabilities and financial resources on the first two wars and ignore the fact that China continues to infiltrate America and turn portions of the world against us.
These wars also continuously degrade our own readiness by using up funding and materials we no longer have at home.
If the United States suffers catastrophic attacks on the home front and allows itself to be embroiled in three major wars, the free world could succumb to tyranny.
It is now up to We the People to defend our nation when the administration will not.
There is only one rule in war. You win, or you lose.
Lt Col (ret), US Army, Darin Gaub is a Co-founder of Restore Liberty, an international military strategist, foreign policy analyst, executive leadership coach, ordained Bible minister, and serves on the boards of multiple volunteer national and state level organizations. The views presented are those of the author and do not represent the views of the U.S. Government, Department of Defense, or its components. He can be found on Twitter – @Darin_Gaub and Substack.
[i] These are overseas conflicts. In Restore Liberty, we also believe there is a fifth front – the war against the American people by our own federal government.
© 2023 The Havok Journal